If you’re spending Covid-19 lockdown downtime decluttering your home or office (or even your home office!), you may find you have a need for flexible, affordable self storage in Edinburgh once restrictions are lifted.
At time of writing this month’s news feature, we’re still in lockdown here in Scotland, and many of us are spending more time at home, whether working from home, or caring for children or vulnerable adults. Some of us have been using the unexpected ‘downtime’ to tidy spare rooms, declutter and reorganise our homes. What to do with the things that are taking up precious space at home but we might need one day?
Now’s the time to get acquainted with the potential benefits of self-storage!
Finding the right self-storage provider is important. But what should you consider before deciding on your preferred self-storage provider? You can consult our comprehensive Frequently Asked Questions and here is our quick checklist of points to consider when deciding on your self-storage options:
- Is the location convenient? Is it easy to get to and reachable by public transport if necessary? Our Edinburgh city centre location couldn’t be any more convenient if you’re in the EH postcode area.
- Do they provide pallet trucks and/or trolleys for transport of items? We have pallet trucks and trolleys on site, and they’re available to you to use free of charge.
- If your needs change, can you upsize or downsize your storage needs easily? At Edinburgh Self Storage, we understand that customers’ needs may change through time. Whether you would like to decrease or increase the size of your unit, we will be happy to accommodate your requirements provided we have availability. You just need to ask.
- Do they offer discounts for longer term storage needs?We offer discounts for long-term pre-paid storage and we’re happy to negotiate the best available terms of contract with you.
Price match guarantee
- Do they offer a price match guarantee? Here at Edinburgh Self Storage we offer a Price Match Guarantee on local, comparable self storage. Find out more here.
- Can they supply industry standard approved packing boxes and materials to ensure the safety of your goods? We have our click and collect Box Shop and we’re more than happy to advise you and help you choose the best combination of packing supplies for your needs.
- Can you access the unit at convenient times? You can access your Edinburgh Self Storage unit as little or as often as you want, during our opening hours, displayed on our website.
Industry Membership and Approval
- Are they approved by a regulatory body? Edinburgh Self Storage is a member of the Self Storage Association. This is a European Standard for self storage that specifies minimum conditions for security and customer protection.
Bookmark our website or follow us on social media to keep up to date with our news and guidance on our self-storage facilities – and keep safe!