Frequently Asked Questions – A Self Storage Guide
Our central Edinburgh location, state-of-the-art facilities, and self storage expertise are just a few reasons why we are the 1st choice for self storage in Edinburgh.
We appreciate not everyone is familiar with the concept of self storage, so we have provided some key information about self storage and the fantastic service we offer.
What is self storage?
- Large secure buildings inside which we provide individual storage rooms for business or personal use: rooms are available in over 25 different sizes
What are the rooms like?
- Constructed of steel, our rooms and lockers are clean, dry and totally secure. For customers storing documents we can install shelving to ensure the most efficient use of space
How private are they?
- Entirely: You lock your own room. You keep the only key. Only you, or your authorised representatives, have access to your room
How secure are they?
- Edinburgh Self Storage has 24-hour digitally monitored security, CCTV, and central station linked alarms
Can I access my room when I want?
- You, or your authorised representative, have totally free access to your storage room, during our extensive opening hours
How long can I stay for?
- You decide. You may occupy a storage room for a couple of weeks or as long as you like
How do I pay?
- Simple: You deposit 4 week’s rental as a refundable security deposit and then pay every 4 weeks for as long as you require. Our charges are inclusive of fees, rates, lighting and security: there are no hidden extras
What about insurance?
- We can organise self storage insurance cover at very competitive rates
Can you help me move in?
- If you are unsure about how you might move your items into storage, we are happy to recommend trusted removal and van hire companies, and help organise the best option for your particular need. On site there is easy to use moving equipment at your disposal free of charge.
You need to store...
4 Small Suitcases
Imagine filling a red phone box
A full family car load
Imagine filling a walk in cupboard
25ft2 / 2.32m2
A van load (transit)
Imagine filling a garden shed
50ft2 / 4.64m2
A luton van load
Imagine filling a parking space
75ft2 / 6.96m2
2x full transit vans
Imagine filling a large garage
100ft2 / 9.29m2
A large removal truck
Imagine filling two parking spaces
150ft2 / 13.93m2